Conner & Perry Architects is a full service architecture firm in Santa Monica, California specializing in modern design with extensive experience in high-end residential projects. We are a small, growing company with an emphasis on quality design, original ideas, and attention to detail. Our projects include ground-up homes, remodeled residences, restaurants, private entertainment and sports facilities, as well as the preservation and renovation of significant mid-century modern properties in and around Los Angeles. We strive to provide a supportive environment for the completion of IDP and testing for licensure, and value work/life balance and the nurturing of individual talent and personal growth.
Junior architect / designer
We are seeking a Junior Architect/Designer. This position will include a wide range of responsibilities, including basic office tasks as well as the full gamut of design and construction. A candidate should at a minimum have the following qualifications:
- 2-3 years experience working in architecture or closely related fields
- A degree in architecture from a qualified college or university (minimum four year Bachelor)
- Legally qualified to work in the United States and a spoken and written fluency in the English language (no sponsorship of H-1B or F-1 student visas at this time).
- Currently resides in or is in the process of moving to the Los Angeles area
- Has their own form of independent transportation as well as a valid driver’s license
- Proficiency in the following software: AutoCAD, SketchUp, Microsoft Office, Adobe Creative Suite
- Digital rendering skills
- Physical model making skills
- Experience in producing Construction Documents
- Excellent graphic and written communication skills
- Availability for a minimum of 35 hours per week
Additional desired qualifications include:
- An interest in Modern and American Organic architecture
- Experience in Construction Administration
- Experience in Construction and/or Fabrication
- Experience in Permitting (especially with LADBS and/or neighboring municipalities)
Must be comfortable working around dogs. Pay will be commensurate with experience. To apply for this position please email a résumé and work samples in PDF format, five pages maximum, and letter size (8.5"x11"), to email@example.com (no calls or walk-ins). Please make sure to include a minimum of two professional references with contact information.