Conner & Perry Architects is a full service architecture firm in Santa Monica, California specializing in modern design with extensive experience in high-end residential projects. We are a small, growing company with an emphasis on quality design, original ideas, and attention to detail. Our projects include ground-up homes, remodeled residences, restaurants, private entertainment and sports facilities, as well as the preservation and renovation of significant mid-century modern properties in and around Los Angeles. We strive to provide a supportive environment for the completion of IDP and testing for licensure, and value work/life balance and the nurturing of individual talent and personal growth.
Architectural Intern / Model Builder
We are seeking a candidate for an Architectural Intern / Model Builder. This position will include a wide range of responsibilities including basic office tasks and the building and repair of physical architectural models. A strong candidate will have the opportunity to learn about the various aspects of the practice of architecture while on the job and should at a minimum have the following qualifications:
- A degree in architecture from a qualified college or university (minimum four year Bachelor)
- Legally qualified to work in the United States and a spoken and written fluency in the English language (no sponsorship of H-1B or F-1 student visas at this time).
- Currently resides in the Los Angeles area
- Has their own form of independent transportation and a valid driver’s license
- Basic knowledge in the use of the following software: AutoCAD, SketchUp, Microsoft Office, Adobe Creative Suite
- Physical model making skills
- Excellent graphic and written communication skills
Additional desired qualifications include:
- An interest in Modern and American Organic architecture
- Experience in Construction and/or Fabrication
Must be comfortable working in a small office environment and enjoy the company of dogs. Pay will be commensurate with experience. To apply for this position please email a résumé and work samples in PDF format, five pages maximum, and letter size (8.5"x11"), to firstname.lastname@example.org (no calls or walk-ins). Please make sure to include a minimum of two professional references with contact information.